Foot Keepers Pty Ltd (ACN 121 133 391) and other related bodies corporate (“we”, “us”, “our” or “Skobi”) recognise and value the importance of protecting your privacy when dealing with your personal information. We are aware of our obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and we will ensure that we fulfil our obligations under the Act.
The types of personal information we collect
The kinds of personal information we collect and hold will depend upon the reasons for, or circumstance of, its collection. It may include, amongst other things:
- your name;
- contact details (including phone number address and email address);
- age and date of birth;
- foot size;
- in certain circumstances, financial information including credit card details, where appropriate;
- information concerning your employment with Skobi and related bodies corporate.
Other types of information we collect
Other information that we may collect about you which is not personal information may include:
- information provided to us through the client services team, website or directly to team member within stores in relation to our services or products (e.g. preferred shampoo brand, hair texture);
- your marketing preferences, including the type of marketing materials you wish to receive and your preferred medium (e.g. email, sms, post);
- your transaction record of sales;
- data relating to your access of our website including browser type and version, referring website address, domain name (if applicable), and frequency of visits.
Method of collection
We may collect your personal information in relation to your interactions and transactions with us, including:
- using our loyalty cards;
- gift cards;
- making a purchase in store;
- placing an order online;
- participating in a promotion, competition, survey or charitable event;
- registering for services;
- making a charitable donation;
- using related digital services.
We may monitor and record your communications with us (including email and telephone) for security, dispute resolution, and training purposes and we also operate video and audio surveillance devices in our premises.
We may also collect information from third parties such as credit reporting bodies, suppliers who provide products to our stores and your nominated referees if you are seeking employment with us.
Purpose of why we collect, hold, use and disclose information
We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide you with products and services you have requested from us;
- to communicate and maintain our relationship with you;
- to market our products and services to you;
- to respond to your queries;
- to provide you with details of marketing events, promotions, special offers or competitions including via social media, digital marketing, mail, email or SMS;
- for processing applications for employment;
- to assess the performance of our website and to improve the operation of our website;
- to conduct business processing functions including providing personal information to our related bodies corporate, contractors, service providers or other third parties;
- for the administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), planning, product or service development, quality control and research purposes of us and our related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers;
- to provide your updated personal information to our related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers;
- to update our records and keep your contact details up to date;
- to process and respond to any complaint made by you;
- to meet legal or other regulatory obligations imposed on us.
We will not use your information for any purposes unrelated to the services we provide, unless we first obtain your consent. Where we collect your personal information we will do so only by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way.
Your option not to provide your personal information
If you do not provide us with the personal information described above, some or all of the following may happen:
- we may not be able to provide our services to you, either to the same standard or at all;
- we may not be able to provide you with information about services that you may want, including information about special promotions; or
- we may be unable to tailor the content of our website to your preferences and your experience of our website may not be as enjoyable or useful.
We will destroy or de-identify personal information if we have not requested it, or if we determine that the personal information you have provided to us is not reasonably necessary for, or directly related to, any of Skobi’s functions or activities.
We use your personal information collected to identify products and services that may be of interest to you. We may contact you from time to time with new products, services, specials or promotions.
These communications may be sent through various mediums including SMS or email. All of these communications are in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth). If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so.
You can cancel your subscription to a mailing list or opt out from receiving any communication from Skobi at any time by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link provided on all our promotional emails and SMSs.
We will remove your personal information from any Skobi mailing list at your request.
Who we disclose your information to
We may disclose your personal information to:
- our employees, related bodies corporate and contractors for the purposes of operation of our website or our business, fulfilling requests by you, and to otherwise provide services to you;
- to our third party service providers, including without limitation web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, direct marketing contractors, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants;
- suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing, and related purposes;
- any organisation for any authorised purpose with your express consent.
Your Personal Information may be disclosed to our service providers or suppliers and third parties who we have a commercial relationship who is overseas.
Skobi may combine or share any information that we collect from you with information collected by our related bodies corporate within Australia.
As our website is linked to the internet, and the internet is inherently insecure, we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us online. We also cannot guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet. Accordingly, any personal information or other information which you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third party website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third party website. Third party websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices.
Data quality and security
We take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure including by means of firewalls, passwords, encryption of credit card transactions using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, virus scanning tools and secure servers.
We may hold your information in either electronic or hard copy form. Personal information is destroyed or de-identified when no longer needed or when we are no longer required by law to retain it (whichever is the later).
Accessing, correcting and updating your information
You may access your personal information held by Skobi by making a request to us via the contact details listed below.
If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request us to amend it. We may ask you to verify your identity to ensure that personal information we hold is not accessed improperly.
What is the process if you perceive a breach of privacy?
If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact us using the contact information below and provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it. We will treat your complaint confidentially, investigate your complaint and aim to ensure that we contact you and that your complaint is resolved within a reasonable time (and in any event within the time required by the Privacy Act, if applicable).
Post: The Privacy Officer
Foot Keepers Pty Ltd
130 Links Avenue
Eagle Farm QLD 4009
Tel: 1300 SKOBIS